Subject: [Leica] re: is a noctilux the answer?
From: "kyle cassidy" <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 22:42:49 -0800

>I often am faced with a situation where I want to take photos indoors, in
>available light. I can hand hold my M6 down to 1/15th of second, however,
>the people I am shooting often don't "cooperate" and move.

it depends only on two things:

1) if you're a professional photographer, will the extra stop pay for the
lens?
and if so, in how much time. (and will you sell your summilux when you
get the nocti).

2) if you're not a professional photographer, are you a doctor or a lawyer?

other than that, i'd say use faster film. you may find that the prints you
get because
of the extra stop are cancelled out by the prints you lose because you
didn't
focus right. it's the humble opinion of this gen-x leicaslacker that if you
NEED
a noctilux, you probably already know without asking. if you have to ask,
you're
most likely just subconsciously looking for validation for a dubious
purchase.

just my .02, take it for what it's worth.

kc