Subject: Re: [Leica] re: tough as nails
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 18:52:57 -0800

I have an EOS  for color slide work. I bought it for an assignment on
the Border, or El Bordo, years ago. I kept hoping it would break so that
I could justify buying something_better_. This thing has gone through
the literal mill, from the ocean to the desert, from the air to the
subterranean depths, and it still works. The body and lenses have hit,
banged, dropped, bounced off of everything from a mexican taxi to a
bobbing tugboat. Yet to this day, it still works. Just yesterday I took
the EOS out for jaunt of several hours to an aluminum foundry and
manufacturing site.
Judging from Canon's effort in digital photography, you can bet I'll get
a digital body for my current lenses. I don't anticipating Leica being
anywhere close to what's already underway in the commercial world, or as
least anytime soon from our current vantage.
All that said and done, I wouldn't dream of dumping my Leica gear.
  Slobodan Dimitrov