Subject: RE: [Leica] Sounds too good to be true
From: nhcharch@netscape.net (Noel Charchuk)
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 18:05:13 -0500

As they say on the consumer watch program on the evening news here, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!" There are a number of guys out there, with similar tales of "surplus, or never been used, or OEM returns", especially on Adobe Software. I got taken in on one on eBay, the llisting stated it was clearance from a computer store going out of business. I received a nicely "burned" CD, plain, in a jewel case, with a photocopied letter with some serial numbers I could use to install it, and a note stating it was a replacement CD from Adobe, after a studio fire. Fortunately, I was only out a few dollars, and I did locate a full, real version of 5.5 later, so now I am legal. The illegal one got tossed.
I would be very wary of this offer.

Noel Charchuk

Visit my website @
http://telusplanet.net/public/nhcharch