Subject: [Leica] Re: Wash Time...& Fixer...
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:16:18 -0800

I think you may be confusing paper and film.  Five minutes wash is
adequate for film.  In fact, for C41, three minutes is recommended.
The recommendation for a long wash time is undoubtedly for fiber base
paper.

Do use hardener with film.  It protects the fragile emulsion and does
no harm, repeat, does no harm.

Hardener is unnecessary for the relatively tough emulsion of paper,
and, if hardener is used, it becomes virtually impossible to us
spotting dyes.  Do not use hardener with paper.

Herb