Subject: Re: [Leica] We're nuts
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:38:03 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

> Of course we're nuts.  We pay twice the price for a camera that is
> 30% better than its nearest competitor.
>
> Herb

Of course we're nuts - there are people on this list who are convinced that
if something says Leica, it is 30 percent better than its nearest
competitor.;-)

B. D.

Herb, B.D., Etc....
I don't know what the hell ya'll are talking about....whaddya mean "TWICE"????
Leica bodies are at least THREE times the price of the competition, which is
bad enough, ....BUT!!!!<<<< the lenses  are at least 4-5 times similar lenses made for
other cameras....Pentax MF, Olympus, Nikon FM2, etc...

Leica is a helluva lot better built, but how long am I gonna live to find out
if it matters?????
(My MF Nikkors should LONG outlast any of us...)

I still only use the crap cuz it's a pro RF.....and no one else has one....yet...

CU later, Walt

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] We're nuts)