Subject: RE: [Leica] Ilford Delta 3200 developing
From: "Ernest Nitka" <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 10:04:34 -0500

Aram - before I answer your question congrats on getting the R8 - sorry I
couldn't be the seller
but I'm sure you are finding it a great camera.

Now onto the question at hand - did you shoot it at EI of 3200?  You may
find that most people
answering your ? shoot it not at 3200 but less than that.  I saw somewhere
where the 'true'speed of
the film was more like 1000 to 1250.  Ilford called it Delta 3200 to compete
with Kodak's version which
I'm told is also not a 'true' 3200 film.  My first 10 rolls where developed
in Rodinal because I did not
yet have Ilford';s DDx to use. Rodinal worked out ok with DDx being better
with regards to grain.  I would avoid
Microdol at all costs.  Now let me let the experts weigh in on your
question.

Happy New Year
ernie nitka
http://home.twcny.rr.com/nitka