Subject: [Leica] OT: favorite way to store negatives
From: Pete Su <psu_13@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 13:32:09 -0800 (PST)

I've always stored negatives in printfile sleeves, but there are things that
bug me about them

1. the 7x5 ones are the mots convenient, but no labs cut into strips of 5.

2. they seem to get dusty

3. occasionally, a strip will stick to the sleeve, or get scratched on on the
way in or out of the sleeve.

4. they take up a lot of room. i need one binder for the sheets and one for my
contact sheets.

I've often wondered about the system that Light Impressions sells that stores
each negative strip in its own envelope and then all the little envelopes in
boxes. Does anyone on the list use this? I guess the tradeoff would be the loss
of easy contact sheets...

Cheers,
Pete

p.s. happy new year.