Subject: Re: [Leica] kids' level
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:07:41 -0800

Steve Barbour wrote:
>>> Photographing kids in the hospital, as I do at times,  finds  a child at
> his or her most overwhelmed,  and threatened.....
>
> I  often try to photograph  from below to decrease their feeling of
> vulnerability,  and to show their amazing courage.<<<

Hi Steve,
Recently Sandy and I did a shoot with children in the hospital and my shoot
spot was at bed level rather than standing for the same reason you pointed
out, >>> I  often try to photograph  from below to decrease their feeling of
vulnerability,  and to show their amazing courage<<<<

It's less intimidating and it gives the child  greater prominence in the
frame for better impact.

Not only is the photo position important, but the M6 is like a point and
shoot and physically  doesn't appear as threatening as an SLR might be.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@home.com> (Re: [Leica] kids' level)