Subject: Re: [Leica] Breaking the rules.
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 10:24:06 -0500

on 12/30/01 6:47 PM, Mark Rabiner at mark@markrabiner.com wrote:

> In "The Right Stuff" the press conference of the astronauts standing in
> front of the new Mercury Space capsule was portrayed with a bunch of
> photographers all with Speed Graphics covering it.
> I assume this was accurate and says a lot to me about how far we've come
> in how long.
>
> These guys are going to the moon and it's being covered with leather
> covered wood mahogany cameras and flashbulbs.
> Roll film? Too new fangled!!
>
> I wish i had a speed graphic in operating condition.
>

> Mark Rabiner
> Portland, Oregon USA
> http://www.markrabiner.com
> --

In the real world, in 1962 in Houston, Texas, at NASA there were covering
the press conferences already Nikon F's and Hasselblad's.  4x5 Graphic's
were there but not the most prevalent tool and so were my Leica's and at
least 2 other shooters had Leica or Nikon.

The guys going into space or almost in the very early days carried
Hasselblad and specialty built camera(made in Virginia do not remember
company).

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander

Replies: Reply from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] Breaking the rules.)