Subject: RE: [Leica] Whither Kodak RFS 3600
From: "Bill in Denver" <bnelsch@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 21:19:16 -0700

Hi all,

Has anybody had any experience with the continuous film scanner
attachment for the Nikon 4000ED?  I thought I was going to be smart and
save money with the Kodak 3600 ($800 at B&H plus 110 rolls of film =
$600, net cost of $200) to get the continuous scanning feature for a
full roll.  What a mistake.  The software/firmware/hardware is so kludgy
that even Ed Hammrick (Vuescan) doesn't support the machine.  I just may
eat the $200 loss and go for the Nikon version if anyone has had
experience.

I have the batch slide attachment and found that I can be fairly
successful if I baby-sit it and control the feed with my finger tip
while I read the LUG/LEG email.

Bill in Denver