Subject: Re [Leica] Breaking the rules
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 16:59:53 -0500

Jason wrote:

>Maybe it was Simon's amazing steady stance not the Leica? :), nice shot

>though

Hi Jason.

Actually, I was sort of half squatting, half crouching. It didn't feel
very steady. :-)

I doubt that I could do it with many other cameras. I don't
think it's just the absence of the mirror. I'm pretty sure the slow
shutter curtain speed, smoothness of the shutter release and overall
handling of the camera are factors. Or at least they are for me.

Whatever, 1/4 of a second is scary-slow. Two very distinct clicks
separated by a looonng pause. :-)

Simon Stevens