Subject: RE: [Leica] AW:WTB: #12524 lens shade (for 35/2 4th version)
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 06:24:06 +0800

Charles W. Hehl wrote:
>John,
>
>I recently purchased a replacement shade from Leica USA for my 35mm pre-asph
>Summicron.  The part number on that shade is 12504.  I seem to recall that
>Leica stated that the part number had changed.  It is a metal, vented hood
>with 1:1.4/35 1:2/35 on one side and Leica Camera GMBH Germany on the other
>side.  Hope that helps.
>
>Regards,
>Charles

Charles

John is correct about the matching shade being 12524 for the 4th version
35/2 summicron-M. It is not easy to get and I was fortunate when one of the
LUGgers had one to spare. In appearance it is very similar to the 12426
(which I would have "borrowed" from my 35/2 asph lens if I had not got the
genuine one). The 12504 is matched for the 35/1.4 lux (pre asph), can be
used on quite a few other lenses, and it takes ser VII filters.

Dan K.