Subject: RE: [Leica] Asteroid
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 00:36:55 -0800

Good guesses, everyone!  Now the answer:  The "asteroid" picture is a small
section of a rich, "home style" chocolate chip cookie.  It was taken on
Kodak Portra 400 B&W, with an OM-2 and a 50/3.5 Zuiko macro at 1:2.  A
small section of the negative was used.

The two pictures are related.  The baby picture was taken in the store
Haley's mother and grandmother run, which is also where I bought the
cookie.  And both pictures were taken with the same camera and lens, on the
same day.

Leica content:  My Visoflex is an Olympus OM-2.  Olympus SLRs are small,
light and quiet, like Leica RFs.  The baby picture was an available light
picture, 1/30th at f/3.5. It should have been taken with my M4-P and 50
Summicron.  That's not what I had with me, but I took the picture anyway.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA