Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Widows XP/Mac was Gamma
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:53:18 -0500

> Austin:
>
> >MS or Gates has NOT (really)
> >invented anything, all they have done is clone what other people do.
>
> Which actually makes the comparison to Edison all the better.
> Edison was as
> much of a great inventor as Gates is.

In a way you are right, as Edison went around seeing what everyone else was
doing, and basically put different technologies together that he got ideas
from other people on...but at least what Edison did was the best of the
time, not just junk that he used strong armed tactics to deploy.  Edison WAS
a good engineer, Gates is not an engineer.  Gates is NOT an inventor by any
stretch of the word, and I'd say Edison was an inventor.  Just because Gates
saw the Mac OS and said "we need a windowed OS" doesn't mean he invented
anything.

Austin

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (RE: [Leica] Re: Widows XP/Mac was Gamma)
Reply from "W Larsen" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Widows XP/Mac was Gamma)