Subject: Re: [Leica] Slightly OT: Nikon LS4000 and Mac OS X 10.1 ?
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 10:39:56 -0800

Hi Pascal,

I have the same set-up and had similar problems until I recalled that many
of life's problems can be attributed to large companies that have used their
market share to kill competitor's smaller, better products. In this case
(for me) it was the Iomega Jaz software that caused the problem. It takes
over the SCSI bus every now and then (even during a scan) to spin up or spin
down the Jaz drive.

Once I took the (1 GB) Jaz drive off the SCSI bus and connected the RATOC
directly to the (terminated) scanner, all the scanning problems went away.
One device at a time seems to work fine on the RATOC.

Hope this helps,

Mike Quinn