Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - SoCal Galleries
From: Robert Browne <rbrowne@iopener.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 10:28:43 -0800 (pst)

Oliver,

If you get to Santa Monica, visit Bergamot Station which has many galleries, including a couple of photography galleries. When I last visited a couple of weeks ago to see Slobodan's show, another venue, the Peter Fetterman Gallery had a show of Neil Leifer's sports photography. Ask to see the HCB, Doisneau, Kertesz and Ronis prints they have for sale. The Rose Gallery had a show of one of the LUG's favorites, William Eggleston. There's also another photo gallery there whose name I've forgotten.

The Getty Center currently has a show of Manuel Alvarez Bravo's photography. If you go to the Getty, plan to spend a few hours and bring lots of film as the architecture is stunning and usually upstages the exhibits. A world unto its own above LA.

Links:

Peter Fetterman Gallery: http://www.peterfetterman.com/
The Getty Center: http://www.getty.edu/
Bravo show at The Getty: http://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/bravo/
Bergamot Station: http://www.bergamotstation.com/Pages/mainfrm.html
Other SoCal art venues: Click on Links on Bergamot Station website

Have a great visit.

Robert

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] OT - SoCal Galleries)