Subject: [Leica] Re: Vuescan (WAS: Scanning the Wild Kodachrome)
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 15:42:46 +0100

Hi Gerry,

I switched to Vuescan mainly because of its better performance with Kodachrome
(I have a Nikon LS-2000 and used Nikon Scan before). However, I have the
impression that the newest versions of Vuescan (since 7.2.whatever) have more
difficulty coping with dense (i.e. slightly underexposed) Kodachrome slides than
was the case with earlier versions of Vuescan. If you have any tips for me, I
would greatly appreciate them.

Nathan

Gerry Walden wrote:

> Peter
>
> I use a lot of Kodachrome (mainly 64) and the only program that I have ever
> found that scans it successfully is Ed Hamricks Vuescan software. Once you
> find your way around the software you will find that it has a special
> Kodachrome setting which seems to do the job just fine. It also has the
> advantage that you can scan Kodachrome with dust filters if your scanner has
> them. You can download a trial copy and order through www.hamrick.com.
>
> Gerry
> www.gwpics.com

- --