Subject: [Leica] 52nd and last PAW for Jeffery for the 2001 year
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 16:54:39 -0600

I am posting the final 2001 PAW a few days early because I'm afraid I'll
miss all of next week with the holiday frenzies.

I did another week of 15mm Heliar, quite surprised with the versatility of
such a wide angle lens. Many images with my shadow, finger, and foot show
that I still am not used to this lens.

http://www.jeffery-nola.com/Week52.html

This is an unnamed bridge that goes across the Mississippi River near
Hahnville. It was erected after a Russian ship hit a ferry one early foggy
morning, killing many commuters. I hate this bridge. It looks flimsy (like
it's made of sheet metal) and has metal rods in place of cables like you
would see on the Golden Gate Bridge. But, it was a fun subject for the 15mm
Heliar. It's strange having a lens that allows you to see right in front of
you as well as WAY ABOVE you.

http://www.jeffery-nola.com/Week52b.html

Is another kind of bridge. This is Delgado's new Ship Bridge Simulator. Sort
of like Microsoft Flight Simulator, but this one takes up a room and has 8
or 10 LCD projectors displaying the surroundings on walls about 10 feet
outside the bridge windows. There is scenery from New Orleans (and its
attached canals) all the way up to Baton Rouge. It is going to be used to
train Mississippi pilots. And it is fun to pilot around. You can put fog on
the river, 10-foot swells, etc. If you peer out the windows, you can see the
ship's wake down below. I shot this at 1 second, and you will notice that
the scenery on the sides is blurred due to the motion of the levee going by.

Comments welcomed, as always. These are more like fun shots than serious
shots, so don't get too rough with me. Everyone have a great holiday!

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA