Subject: Re: [Leica] Who'd be a PJ in these troubled times?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 13:40:09 -0500

Hi, Gary, I am thanks -well. Anyway, while the mainstream press may have
interlocked corporate owners, etc. etc. etc., on the editorial side the
major American papers still at least strive for something approaching a
reasonably balanced view of reality. While they don't always succeed, I
would argue that they still succeed better than most of the rest of the
world's media.

Are you really equating the news pages of, say, The New York Times, with
the pages of The Greenpeace Times  (or whatever it is called)? The Times
  exists to present news of the world to the public - no matter what you
may think of the job it does. The Greenpeace publication exists solely
to push the Greenpeace agenda.

B. D.