Subject: Re: [Leica] compensating agitation tricks
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <gilplant@hvc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 11:14:03 -0500

on 12/22/01 10:02 AM, Eric at ericm@pobox.com wrote:

> Like what?  You can't offer a tidbet like that and leave us hanging.  What
> have you been trying and with what results?  :)

Example: I run HP5+ in Xtol 1:3 for 16 minutes @70 deg. F. I agitate for the
1st 30 seconds, give it 4 inversions on the minute through 11 minutes; but
then I go 90 seconds to minute 12:30, 90 seconds to minute 14:00, and then
let it stand to 16:00. The highlights don't blow out, but the shadows keep
developing.

Special thanks to John "Johnny Deadman" Brownlow for this technique.

Gilbert