Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Metering
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:36:53 -0600

on 12/21/01 8:54 AM, JP M at skeenut@yahoo.com wrote:

> A new question for the group:  Can anyone tell me
> about or point me to a FAQ that covers the metering of
> the M6 Classic?  How big is the spot that it meters,
> is it safe to say that it is about the size of the RF
> patch? Any idiosyncrasies that are known?

Well I think the 'Classic' is still a TTL meter like the current TTL M. So
if that's the case then your metering patch is 2/3 the size of the short
side of the brightline frame. So imaging a circle 2/3 the height of your
framelines (for the lens your using) smack dab in the middle of your
viewfinder. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
- --
John
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com