Subject: [Leica] It's official - the Tri-Elmar rules!
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 20:48:07 -0800 (PST)

Dear All,

I am subscribed to Erwin Puts' newletter site and I quote the following
from his latest newsletter, with due respect to Erwin:

"... About the lenses I can be short: the TriElmar at the 50 position
is better than the Summicron 2/50 at aperture 4. It may be a surprise,
but the Summicron is not the nec plus ultra some people assume it to
be. (Let us forget about the famous Summicron DR controversy). The
Tri-Elmar is better. Period. In my view the overall best lenses for the
M are the 24, 28 Summicron, TriElmar, 90 Asph and apo 135..."

That's good enough for me!

Regards,

=====
Ray