Subject: Re: [Leica] Night shots of Christmas lights- as per recent post
From: "Dan Post" <>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 20:51:12 -0500

With the recent discussion about exposures of lights at night, I have a few
shots at the indicated URLs taken with Kodak Gold 200 film.
This is an old house that has been turned into offices of a non-profit
organization, and the decorate quite a bit during the holidays. This was
taken at 1/4 f/3,5 with an LTM Summaron on an M6.
This is a shoot taken of a major intersection in town, late so the traffic
was minimal.
This was done at 1/8 with a Summarit, wide open, on an M3
Grab shot of our cat- on the outside looking in. Fred D, Cat is most
gracious to allow my wife and I to live in his house. Also a Summarit, wide
open on an M3- at 1/30
This is a closer shot of the garage in the Elm Street shot. I sort of liked
the spiraling effect of the stairway. This too was with a Summarit on an M3.

In all cases, I bracketed a bit, and most turned out- some better than
others, but when shooting in such extreme conditions, a bit of variation is
to be expected.

Replies: Reply from "Mike Durling" <> (Re: [Leica] Night shots of Christmas lights- as per recent post)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <> (Re: [Leica] Night shots of Christmas lights- as per recent post)