Subject: Re: [Leica] Reviews on NEW Winder for M6...?
From: Paul Chefurka <paul@chefurka.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:51:15 -0500

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:41:26 -0600, John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com> wrote:

>on 12/18/01 9:06 AM, Peter Brock at p.j.brock@worldnet.att.net wrote:
>
>> I have winders on both of my M6's and love them.  Among other things, the
>> design of the motor provides a great handle.
>
>I forgot to ask one thing. How strong is the handle? When ever I have any
>type of "handle" on SLRs I carry the camera like that a LOT! All the weight
>of the body & lens depending on the grip. Is it strong enough to hold a big
>lens like the 50/1, 75/1.4, 90/2? I don't have any of these lenses yet but
>if I do buy one I want whatever I get (winder handle wise) to be able to
>carry the weight.

Count me as one of the Motor-M's aficionados.  I've had the RapidWinder and
didn't like it as much, for a variety of personal-taste reasons.  I'm
totally sold on the motor.

As far as handle strength goes, there's no issue there that I can see.
I've used it with the 75/1.4 and the 90/2.0 and there's never been a hint
of flex.  I use it as a normal grip, just like I do with SLR motors.  I
prefer the big lenses with the motor (or the GMP grip which is bigger than
Leica's own grip), since the balance seems better.

Paul
http://www.chefurka.com

Message from John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com> (Re: [Leica] Reviews on NEW Winder for M6...?)