Subject: Vs: Vs: [Leica] shade
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 21:37:05 +0100

Well, Seth,
what is the maximum image magnification in a magazine? I have always thought that you can enlarge a part of a negative if you want to show some differences. Actually this is the Leica principle: small negative, large print - and a portion could well have been shown.
Photos of lens exteriors do not show anything image about image quality - even if made by generals.
Yes, your opinions seemed quite strong - especially when no corresponding images were shown. Waste of editorial space IMO - a letter to the editor would have been sufficient to clearly state your opinion.
But - as I wrote - I find the VF highly enjoyable.
All the best!
Raimo
Personal photography homepage at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen