Subject: Re: [Leica] sorta a week "Finals Week"
From: David Degner <ddegner@morris.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:39:08 -0500

Since I always like the critiques you give me of my photos, and shooting in
high schools is about the only environment I have real experience in, ill
critique your photos.

1)I love the idea of the first one, "people strewn across the floor".  The
girl in the midground, looking down at the crammer could add a lot if she
was more noticeable.

2)In the second one, the light was definitely working for you.  I like how
the tables look like stepping stones, back to the cliques in the
background. The graininess actually adds to the atmosphere.

3) The third one you caught the perfect moment.  Glasses usually mess me up
because they cut out part of the pupils but somehow you got them to make
the eyes look bigger and more expressive.  How did you get the students to
ignore you in this on?  Since you obviously bent down to frame the shoot
they must have seen you, yet there acting perfectly normal look.  You might
want to try burning in the paper to make it not completely white because it
gets distracting.

These all show why I need to break down and get that 28mm rokkor (instead
of the heliar).  What lens did you use? What film did you use for inside?
Good job.

David Degner