Subject: [Leica] Re: Film scanner recommendations.
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 05:04:41 -0600

Feli:

>Do you have one? Can anyone comment on this piece of gear? (the Polaroid
>that is)

Yes.  I've had one a few weeks.  I'm really happy with my purchase so far.

Pascal:

>Does the Polaroid have the digital ICE mechanism for automatic removal of
>dust and scratches (there is an improved version of this in the Nikon
>LS-4000) ?
>This is essential to me and may well be the decisive factor, all other
>things being equal (if so, of course).

No, it does not.  Keep in mind that ICE is useless for silver halide film.
If you don't do your own processing, you'll probably want a scanner with an
IR channel for removing dust and scratches.  Now that I'm doing my own
processing, scanning is a breeze in that I don't have dust and scratches to
worry about.  I have extremely little cleanup work in Photoshop.  Tweak a
curve, and then I'm good to go.

Eric

Message from Michael Chmilar <chmilar@mminternet.com> (Re: [Leica] Film scanner recommendations.)
Message from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] Film scanner recommendations.)