Subject: [Leica] Re: how long do the batterys last in M6ttl .
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:04:44 -0600

Mark:

>On the other hand once your exposure is made the batteries are not going
>to drain. Am I right?

Incorrect.  I thought that was the case, too.  I ate through my first set of
batteries fairly quickly.  I made a habit of not rewinding before I put the
camera away.  Batteries lasted a long time.  John had posted how he found
his drew current when not turned off, with the shutter uncocked, and the
button slightly depressed.  I figured that didn't apply to mine.

Then...when I changed how I stored my camera--put it in a different case--it
ate through the batteries again.  The slightest pressure on the shutter
button, and mine will use up the batteries unless it is uncocked and turned
off.  John's advice turned out to be applicable to me, too.

Eric

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] how long do the batterys last in M6ttl .)