Subject: [Leica] Re: Angenieux 70-210 for Leica R: experience or opinions?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 22:18:23 -0800

At 09:32 PM 12/17/2001 -0800, Marc Attinasi wrote:
>Has anyone used the Angenieux 70-210 f3.5 zoom on a Leica R, or any camera
>for that matter? I'm considering one over the slightly slower and more
>expensive Leica lens of the same range, but having used neither, I'm
>interested in any experiences others have had.
>
>In case you are wondering why I would even consider non-Leica glass on my
>R3, it is simply because the Angenieux 35 mm I have for my old Exakta is
>fantastic - OK, I admit, I really dig quirky, unusual equipment too
>(provided it performs of course).
>
>Thanks,
>- marc
>
>--
>***     Marc Attinasi     ***
>* mailto: marc@attinasi.org *
>*  http://www.attinasi.org  *

I've had two of these lenses. The imaging is extremely good. Very sharp and
contrasty. And I always liked the two touch zoom/focus controls. The only
drawback is a lousy lens hood and the lens body is made from a plasticky
material that feels cheap. But it doesn't effect performance. It performs
great.

Jim