Subject: Re: [Leica] how long do the batterys last in M6ttl .
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 06:43:24 +0100

Hi Elliot,

Somebody already posted Tom's URL, http://www.rapidwinder.com. The main benefit
of the soft release is that it allows you to take the picture with the flat part
of your finger rather than having to poke the shutter release with your
fingertip. This reduces camera shake and allows you to handhold at slower speeds
than would otherwise have been the case. Tom sells them in different colors, and
also sometimes makes special editions: I have a LUG softie, a LUG 2000 softie
(given to me by Tom at last year's Photokina), and most recently, a set of red,
white and blue to commemorate Sept. 11.

Nathan

"Dr. Elliot Puritz" wrote:

> Nathan...you have probably explained the Soft Release scores of times, but
> might you find a second to tell some of us who are new what the soft release
> is, and why such is beneficial?
>
> TIA,
>
> Elliot

- --