Subject: Re: [Leica] The null in the lull 1914 long
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 18:22:10 +0000

At 02:49 PM 12/16/01 -0800, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>Oskar Barnack had his first Leica prototypes in 1914.
>Using two movie frames per shot on 35mm movie film: double frame as we
>do now 24x36mm.
>Took it on a trip that year to the USA in May with Ernst Leitz II and
>also got the patent on it that month. It's principle features.

I believe the second prototype UR-Leica went to the US with Ernst Leitz II
in 1914.  I don't recall that Oscar went with him -- we have pictures he
took late that summer, while the Boss's Son was in Amurca, as they call it
in Oregon.  To my relatively certain knowledge, Oscar never left Germany.
A true native son, as Mark Rabiner might have said.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] The null in the lull 1914 long)