Subject: Re: [Leica] Our own bag
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 11:10:12 -0800

B.D. Wrote:
>>> I assume that Ted was kidding <<<<<,

Hi B. D.
That's for sure, I was kidding. ;-)

However, I'm way head of you guys on my small crash and burn M bag I already
have a cloth Leica label. Where did it come from?  I haven't got a clue now,
but the shoe guy sewed it on and it seems it's been there for ions.

Touch wood even though patch is out there for all the bad guys of the world
to see, nary a thing has disappeared out of it nor the bag itself.

However, now that I've enlightened you all, the bag will now be housed in
the vault never to seen by the light of day again... just in case. ;-)

This patch thing is an interesting idea, much better than a bag. Simply
because, if everyone stops for a moment and remembers  "bag topics in the
past" it's like opening a Pandora's box of nightmares in bag concept and
design.

And no matter whom came up with the final design it would never suit every
one on the list, not a hope in hell would it, no matter what people say. So
if there's to be any identifying with a group let it be a KISS design
without getting into "ANY LEGAL" ramifications.

>>why not have a simple cloth patch, say 1"x3" made up, with LUG on it in
something like an ariel type face - really simple....maybe Leica letters on
black....no one but other LUG members would know what it was...it would look
more like the LUG brand name...;-)<<<<<<

And that's exactly what I mean in KISS design. Good suggestion B. D.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Our own bag)