Subject: Re: [Leica] Our own bag
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 09:27:42 -0800

Frank Filippone suggested:
>>> There is another solution.... have LUG Patches made up, sell them to the
> "membership" and have each go to his/her local shoe repair and have them
> sewed onto whichever bag they desire<<<<<<<<,

Gee Frank, that's a neat idea. :-)
But if we do that don't we announce to the "bad guy ner-do-well crooks" in
the cold cruel world, this is a good thing to steal as it's full of LUG
Leica things?

I mean we all know these kind of people know exactly what a Leica is and to
announce to the world this is a LUG bag, they are going to go for it
bigtime.

Maybe a committee of 12 could be formed to discuss this badge thing then
bring it back to the group for approval. Although it might take a few weeks
for the research we could put it on the 2000 & 2 agenda for final approval!
:-)

Then we could ask for one member to volunteer their bag of goodies as a test
case to carry it around in some of the more undesirable locations to see if
he or she were mugged and bag taken. Or for a non-violent thing........ just
the bag taken or pilfered. :-)

Do we have any volunteers, preferably someone with at least half dozen M6's
so if they loose a couple they'll have back up bodies. ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net> (Re: [Leica] Our own bag)