Subject: RE: [Leica] How many persions of LHSA cameras were there?
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 12:51:53 -0000

Photovilla@aol.com wrote:

"PS: Who swapped in a 0.58 for you? Some people have said Leica will not
sell
them a 0.58 finder for love nor money."

I really really really really really really really really really really want
to know where I can get a 0.58 finder as a spare part to put in a 0.72
Classic.

I'm told neither Leica UK nor Leica Germany will sell them as such (I've
heard of a 0.58 Classic, but that was built by purchasing a 0.58 TTL,
swapping the finder with a 0.72 Classic, and selling the resulting 0.72
TTL).

Others have told me that there are Leica distributors in other countries
that *will* sell the 0.58 finder as a spare part, but I can't get anyone to
tell me *which* distributors are doing this.

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.