Subject: Re: [Leica] New RF Buyer...
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:46:26 +0000

At 08:12 PM 12/14/01 -0600, John Straus wrote:

>So now your not talking about the IIIg screwmount? Ugly is a good reason not
>to buy something...sarcasm. Name some accessories I'll miss? And I'll tell
>you if "I" will miss them at all. Try to give reasons if your going to trash
>something, otherwise your comments are pointless.

John

The taller deck on the M6 TTL hampers use of the Visoflex and all of the
related macro doo-dads, as well as of the 2/5cm DR Summicron's eyes.  Other
accessories are probably affected as well.  This just seems, to me, to
spoil the wonderful flexibility of a system where cameras designed in 1950
were meant to take accessories introduced in 1933 and their successor
cameras did so up through the M6.  I dislike the M6 TTL for the same reason
I have problems with the M5 -- their different dimensions challenge the
concept of a system camera.

I realize that you are a newcomer to the LUG but, trust me, most of us here
do not use emoticons.  You'll pick up when we're kidding or not.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!