Subject: [Leica] Minimum focus distance on current LTM lenses
From: "Phong" <phong@metrowerks.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:18:31 -0500

I have the current 50mm Summicron LTM which I like very much
on my LTM camera, except for the fact that the minimum focus
distance is 1 meter, instead of the .7m of the M version of the
lens.

I wonder if the other current Leica LTM lenses (35mm Summicron ASPH,
and 50mm Summilux) also has the same problem (longer minimum
focus distance than their M counterpart).

What is the technical reason for this being so ?

Thanks for any info,

- - Phong

Replies: Reply from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] Minimum focus distance on current LTM lenses)