Subject: [Leica] LHSA catalogue and other beefs
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:40:27 -0700

We get that damn catalogue weeks after you get it in the US. Pretty much
useless by the time I see it. I have called on a number of items and always
the item is already gone. FINALLY they will have an electronic version which
they have promised to delay sending until they figure mail delivery has
occurred in the US. Possibly an improvement, we will have to wait and see.

The latest annoyance is the draw held at the AGM. I get my tickets exactly
four days before I have to get them back. So I rush to the post office that
day and send them as fast as I can afford (say $10 for the letter) and the
tickets still arrive too late (second year in a row). This does not,
however, prevent them from docking my credit card even if my tickets were
actually NEVER in the draw!

Great magazine but the rest is useless unless you reside in the US. That is
no problem but they should make an effort to no to annoy us foreigners
unduly. The only benefit I receive is the magazine which ends up costing me
$25US an issue.

John Collier

PS: The best place bar none to buy and sell Leica gear is the LUG. I have
had no problems and many friendly transactions.

PPS: I am not really that annoyed about LHSA. It is designed for US citizens
after all but a little consideration for their foreign members would be
nice.

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] LHSA catalogue and other beefs)