Subject: RE: [Leica] New M6 owner, what first Lens??
From: "Jeffery L.Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:05:48 -0600

I would avoid the used market unless you can actually examine the
condition of the lens before buying it. All three Voigtlander 35's are
good, and the 35/2.5 Classic is probably the best in terms of value and
convenience. The 50mm Nokton is reputedly very sharp, and the new 28mm
also gets good reviews. You don't need to venture away from Voigtlander
if you want a new great lens at a great price.

I had used a 35mm lens for most of my "normal" work for 10 years. I'm
just now beginning to appreciate 50mm. For many years, I did not own a
50mm. Now I have 7!