Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: HCB and "Faceless"
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 18:35:39 -0600

>OK, I admit that I've never seen the USA book. But I've got  "This Is War"
>here in my hands and it just doesn't do it for me. Arthur

You guys have me running to my bookshelf.
I understand how you feel about This is War!
Arthur, you might want to try to dig up a copy of I PROTEST! by DDD.
It was his coverage of the siege at Khe Sahn, Vietnam. Quite good.

LUG folk might be interested part of his acknowledgements.....

"Once again, I depend upon two Leicas (custom-built M3Ds), cross
bandolier-style on my chest. One Leica is fitted with a Leitz 50mm
F1.4 Summilux lens, and the other with a Canon 25mm F3.5 lens. Both
lenses are fitted with medium yellow filters. In addition--hanging
down the center of my chest--I carry a Nikon F with a Nikor (that's
how he spelled it--JF) 200mm F4 lens, also fitted with a medium
yellow filter. The film is Kodak Tri-X, developed in Kodak D-76 at he
LIFE Magazine photo-lab in New York." (DDD, 17 March 1968, NYC)

John Fulton
Fort Worth