Subject: Re: [Leica] B52's over Atlanta or another Sorta A Week submission
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspw.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 07:58:50 -0500 (EST)

> From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
>
> I was convinced to donate some wall decor for a charity auction last Friday
> and as a courtesy was given tickets to the charity event.  The pictures are
> of the B52's which are a very prominent band in the Southeast US.  They put
> on a fabulous show without a lot of set or lighting, just great good music.

i very clearly remember hanging out in Ridgewood Records (no longer extant)
in 1978 after school. the store was playing WNEW.  the DJ was saying he
had been sent the strangest record he had ever heard, that there was not
even yet a "B" side, and claimed this to be the first airing of it in new york
before dropping the needle.  it was "rock lobster" and i was hooked.

these are great images.  looks like a great show, i've never had the chance
to see them live.  fred still looks good, probably due to his vegan
diet!

> Thanks the Rei and is Halloween pictures I ventured into Delta 3200 in Xtol
> 1:3 which I think gave good results.

i'm happy that it obviously worked out well.  the blacks are black,
the faces have some tonality.  the grain around the halos of the lights
give the image a nice texture.  i think the dilution helps keep the
images from burning out.

did you use the 35 lux ASPH?  flare even under
the direct lighting is very well handled.

it's a great set.  i guess because it was a benefit, management was civil.
i was always under the impression that  if you tried to photograph a concert,
hell's angels bouncers would rip out the film, smash the camera and beat
you up.

> The URL is http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=168842
>
> Don Dory
> dorysrus@mindspring.com