Subject: Re: [Leica] Pink haze correction
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:55:17 -0800

T Max film has hardener built into it so the hardener in the developer
isn't going to help it and could easier hurt it or hurt you.
I say that so you'll avoid POWDERED developers which tend not to be
Ammonium Thiosulfite and the hardener just stinks things up.

You have to make sure you are using a Rapid fix even if it's not Kodak
it has to be Ammonium Thiosulfite not Sodium Thiosulfite which is
classic hypo and wont do it on iodide rich modern tab grain films. It
just cant get the iodides out out out.
http://www.fotoinfo.com/info/technicalinfo/fixerbkdn.html
I know Kodak Rapid fix A with no hardener B WILL WORK.
And as i use  a second fresher fix like a kind of clearing bath so i
never get funny surprises when i go down and look at my film the next day.

Rodinal is about the grainiest developer ever made I think it wins first
prize in that department  so ANY developer would be smoother than
Rodinal in the grain department.
But may probably also make you feel like you lens is coated with thick
dust so you'll rush off the clean it and it'll already be clean.

For me Xtol gives smooth grain AND sharpness both which was almost
mutually exclusive things.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com