Subject: [Leica] getting 20 year old goth girls to pose half naked in PVC dresses. ...
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:39:31 -0500

Craig asked:

>http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/goth/models/coral/12/index.html

>Please pass on your equipment and technique details. That includes your
>technique for getting 20 year old half-naked goth girls in
> PVC dresses to pose...

that's actually the easier part. figuring out the lighting is the tough
thing. what may not be immediately evident is that 20 year old goth girls
who wear PVC dresses mostly all want to be photographed. i think the secret
for getting most people to model is to just ask. i usually carry around
some shots (go to modernpostcard.com people, spend the $99 and get some
postcards made up, you won't regret it) either a portfolio or a couple
of post cards that have my web page address on them -- once people know
that you're not just some weirdo (but you're a _serious_ weirdo) they
almost always agree. deal is straight prints-for-time usually done as
scans-for-time -- .zip disk, cd-rom, or "you download from the web". then
once your portfolio starts to build it snowballs and you're turning people
away. i don't know what comes after that. (possibly see jurgen teller's
book "gosees"
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/3908247144/qid%3D1008005367/ref%3Dsr
%5F11%5F0%5F1/107-1866507-9912519)
for an idea.)