Subject: [Leica] first friday PLUG recap
From: "kyle cassidy" <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 13:27:55 -0800

well -- we met up with chuck stirk and his m4-p at a little past the
aformentioned meeting time, along with a bunch of models and their various
sycophants, boyfriends, boytoys and whatnots plus one 20-something punk-rock
fashion photographer with a huge tattoo on her chest -- the plug was
scattered about but we kept running into various bits of them, angel was
there with an m6 this time rather than the usual r6.2 ... (linda had brought
my m3 with her, but i didn't have any film, so i was living in jewelry
fashion until chuck gave me a roll of tri-x.) outside of the Artists House
we ran into and joined up with josh, who runs the gasheart art-mailing list,
stopped and picked up some champaign and eventually we took over a pizza
parlor, picked up some skaters for the entourage and went off to Space 1026
where they were having the flip book art show -- we looked at a bunch of
clever flip books (lots of them made from 1 hour photos taped together with
duct tape (seems you need probably about 70 photos to make a decent flip
book). some were very clever. by the end of the evening the models had
mostly become festive, the skaters had disbursed into the big crowd and some
sort of party broke out at Space 1026 when a bunch of NY DJ's were installed
(they used to have a half pipe at 1026, but a magazine article taped to the
wall said they removed it when they decided to become a "serious" gallery).
we lost chuck to scanning obligations around midnight, and from there,
everything gets hazy, but we managed to get home with all of our leicas and
only little things were broken.