Subject: Re: [Leica] How long will it take for film to disappear
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 19:00:45 -0800

Austin Franklin wrote:

> Never!  How long will it take for painting to disappear?  How about
> handwriting?  Any art form...will probably always be alive, though in a much
> more limited sense than at some past time, I am sure.
>
> Austin

That's right! That's how i see it!
Photography is more than a technologic convenience.
It's an art form.

Paper not pixels is what people will value more and more as trees become
more scarce.
The convenience of digital is smoothing people will often NOT WANT.

They will WANT to make test strips in the basement darkroom and wash
prints, flatten them, spot them.

Call the plumber Austin!!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA