Subject: Re: Summicron with eyes was Re: [Leica] 35mm for my LEICA M6
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 16:24:21 EST

In a message dated 12/7/01 3:54:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
odyssey@spectra.net writes:

> Seth,
>
>  So my dual-range Summicron 50mm WILL work on my M6 body without eyes
> attached?
>
>  Thanks,
>  Rich

Absolutely, Rich. I was writing ONLY about the 35s. The dual-range will work
on any M without the viewfinder. I have heard that it may not work WITH the
viewfinder on some M6s, without modifying the viewfinder. Because of the much
larger focussin cam on the DR, which I owned - and still do - before I bought
my first M6 I was concerned that the larger cam might cut off or impede in
some way the metering cell in the base of the M6. I wrote Wetzlar to ask
whether it was a problem; they answered that they had taken all measurements
and that I could use the DR on an M6. They did not discuss use of the DR with
viewfinder on M6. Perhaps others on the LUG remember that discussion.

Seth    LaK 9