Subject: Re: [Leica] varia
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 21:00:33 -0800

At 10:51 PM -0600 12/1/01, a silly man who needs a shave and wears a
fur coat wrote:
>dondory:
>
>>So, work like crazy over the Christmas break and buy yourself an M6 of Hexar
>>if you want a motor and AE.  Better yet, work really hard and buy the wide
>>angle you've been lusting after.  Don't go for the 15, go for the 24 or 21
>>ASPH, either of those are more useful more of the time than a 15 which takes
>>special circumstances to effectively use.
>
>dude, i was getting myself all psyched up to get one them there
>voigtlander 12mm super-fun-fun lenses, and you have to go and throw
>common sense in my face.
>
>i got a chance to borrow a 21mm a few weeks ago, and had great fun.
>i was shooting my niece's six-year-old birthday party, and i kept
>forgetting to focus, with the two viewfinders and all.  luckily
>there's so much DOF i missed only a few shots.
>
>today i used my new SF-20 at my own wedding.  we'll see how that turns out.
>
>--
>brad daly

Brad, the 12 is one of the great things to come along in a while.
Just because it's hard to do 'regular' photos with it doesn't mean
that it's not worth trying.

If you're doing your own wedding photos, for example, it's nice to
have the 12 with you to do 'arm's length' photos of yourself and the
wedding party. Just make sure you don't have the mother-in-law in one
of the far corners, or the wedding will get off to a bad start.

Also, if you need a shave and wear a fur coat, how do you tell where
one ends and the other starts, or do you care? Does the mother-in-law
care?

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design