Subject: Re: [Leica] Buying Film thru the Mail
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 16:08:42 -0800

I'm still using mailers, and I just purchased a brick of film from B&H last
week - first roll is fine anyway (processed locally).

I spoke to the local postmaster, and he said that they will only be irradiating
normal envelopes that go through the high-speed sorters, that film mailers and
boxes will not be irradiated - no guarantees though!  Anyway, B&H ships FedEx
and they are not irradiating - yet.

I have only a dozen or so mailers left, then I will be using local service
only. It is not worth the risk to me, accidental irradiation is not out of the
question I think. As for purchasing film, make sure the supplier will guarantee
that the film arrives unaffected, spot check a roll now and then, and I bet you
will be OK.

My 2 cents,
- - marc