Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Piezo Plunge
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 19:50:23 -0800

Tina

This is one of the things I noticed right off with Piezography; the subtle
(and sometimes not so subtle) differences depending on the papers used. I
think there are more opportunities for different looks than in conventional
b/w where there are few choices today. Toning of silver prints is always an
option, but that's a lot of work. (I mean more than just selenium toning)

The second thing I liked was the fact that I was able to take the same
image and have the first print from different papers turn out thanks to the
excellent profiles available. Conetech supplied  2 sample sheets of 9
different papers along with the inks. With conventional b/w I'd have burned
more samples sheets than were supplied just doing test prints.

Finally, as you mention, there are different ink options out there. But the
Cone inks suit me fine.   I'm not too good at developing my own profiles.

Dave

Replies: Reply from "C.L.Zeni" <clzeni@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Odd email)
Reply from Ken Wilcox <klw.51@home.com> ([Leica] Re: Odd email)
Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Odd email)