Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Piezo Plunge
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 18:02:55 -0500

At 02:36 PM 12/1/01 -0800, you wrote:

>Paul has developed a set of curves for this inkset and a wide variety
>of papers and is happy to talk about and share them.
>
>Since you're printing through the Epson driver, you're not going to
>get the advantage that the Piezography driver gives on the bigger drop
>printers (e.g. the 3000), and it's not nearly as
>what-you-see-is-what-you-get.
>
>The inkset has the additional advantage of being *considerably* less
>expensive than the Piezography inks.
>
>You can get more info at:
>
>   http://home1.gte.net/res0a2zt/photos.html
>
>g.

G. -

All very true.  Thanks for expanding the explanation.  For those who want
cold, blue tones, the MIS, Paul Roark way is definitely worth
pursuing.  Since all of my photos are people and not some of the landscapes
and other prints that look better as cold-toned prints, I am very happy
with the Piezo inks and most of the papers I have tried.  Some of the
bright white papers are actually too cool for me even with Piezo inks, so
you need to try lots of papers before you decide to go to the trouble of
trying other inks and paper profiles.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com