Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Piezo Plunge
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 13:34:17 -0500

> Any thoughts about getting an Epson 2000 instead of 3000? I'm trying to
> figure this one out. 2000 is micro piezo and archival prints.
> 3000 prints on
> larger stock but does not use archival inks? Do I have this
> right, or is the
> 3000 w/ Piezo archival as well? Any input would be most welcome.

Inks are inks, it doesn't matter what printer you use.  If the ink is
archival, then it's archival.  If you are using Piezo, I believe the 3000
still gives the best output you can get with Piezo.

The only issues with the 3000 are paper feed, and only if you use VERY heavy
stock...but you can just feed it from the back, and that solves that
problem...and pizza wheel tracks...which is solved by removing the pizza
wheels.  I have never had either of these problems with my 3000s.